Monday, July 6, 2009

And the Winner is . . . .

I managed to break all of my vows in splendid fashion this weekend. Whoever had July 4th in their "when will Jane crack" office pool takes home the big money. Let's recap.

1. It is very hard to keep me off facebook after I get home from the bar. Problem is I am usually not tired enough to fall asleep and I like to have something to do while I watch "Roseanne" or "Sportscenter." So I generally facebook. And AIM but that's a whole other story for recap highlight number 2. Now I did turn off my facebook chat so if I hadn't admitted this indiscretion, it would be like it never happened. Well, except for my friending/defriending post- bar action. I may avoid drunk texting (most of the time) and I may avoid drunk phone calls and I may avoid drunk facebook wall postings (unless your name is jj or Zaki) but I cannot avoid the allure of the post-bar friend/defriending action.

2. My other big crutch is night time AIM. Now I know its pathetic to still use AOL Instant Messenger but I always take to bff Z on it and have since our first year of law school. And since we both have mild (well - mild in my case, extreme in his) insomnia, we do almost all of our chatting when everyone else in the world is asleep. Not signing on to AIM to chat with him feels weird and lonely. So I cracked and signed on. Considering I only occasionally chat with about three to four people on my AIM list, I do not feel badly about this. Plus you cannot expect me to get through the bar without some late night bff chats. So not going to happen.

3. Tonight is Monday and "The Bachelorette" and no sane human being can ask me to get through two hours of the show without gchatting with brother e. Now most people would tell me "just don't watch it." Well come on now. That's just nuts. I've invested a lot of time and energy into hating Jillian and I've managed to get down to the final four, I can't just stop now. Also, ABC has been promising us a great premature ejaculation meltdown. And yes. I just typed that. Brother e and I have been looking forward to this all season. We both agree it is the only reason we have been watching and now ABC is not living up to its billing. No great meltdown. Nothing. This better happen in the next two weeks otherwise all of my faith in "The Bachelor" franchise is gone.

So yeah. I cracked. I gchatted. I AIMed. And I facebooked. So. Tomorrow is another day. And tomorrow I will blog about my four minutes I spent on Twitter. Excitement fills the air.

2 comments:

EJ said...

See, I don't think Bachelorette Gchat counts as going off the wagon. If I had to watch that mess by myself, I'd turn to booze and pills in no time flat. It's basically community service you're doing here.

In other news, I'm really hoping that the much-teased premature ejaculation happens in Jillian's hometown. Under her parents' roof. Possibly in her old bedroom.

Jane said...

Wouldn't that be great if it happened in front of her creepy porcelain doll collection? Because you know she has one!
Also, do you think people searching "premature ejaculation" are finding my blog? I can only hope.