Thursday, July 9, 2009

At least I am not trying to solve a murder mystery

This week alone I have cried at television shows FIVE times. Now either I am becoming my mother or my bar stress is manifesting itself in some very interesting ways. After the first mini cryfest, I thought maybe if I facebooked a little and chatted online a bit, I would find the stress release I was needing. After cryfest two through five happened, I realized that being reconnected wasn't reducing my stress and that network programmers should be more carefully about what shows they air when I am studying for the bar. On to recapping the mini cryfests!
(Also, I would like to say that I am not usually a crier. Unless I am drunk and I dropped a piece of pizza. Then I am a big crier. This is clear bar stress. Please don't think I am emotionally unstable.)

1 and 2. "Gilmore Girls" Look. Family Channel could you PLEASE not air the final episodes of "Gilmore Girls" when I am taking the bar. For some reason, Logan, who I always that was super douche started to grow on me and I got really choked up when Rory turned down his proposal and he said it had to be all or nothing. Why's it got to be all or nothing Logan?! Why couldn't you try the long distance thing?! For me!
Number 2 was a pure happiness cry. On the final episode when Luke tells Lorelai that he just wants her to be happy and they kiss, the seven years I put into watching the show are finally all worthwhile. There was this one episode once where Lorelai wore a shirt that I OWNED. So it's kind of like we are the same person and that Luke told me he just wants me to be happy. Sigh.

3. "Here Come the Newlyweds." Okay, I really like this show. And as a general rule, I hate married people. They bore me and yes, maybe I am jealous of them but whatever, I still don't like them. But, I love the couples on this show. I find myself laughing aloud numerous times during the show (I am horrified I just admitted that. Good thing only four people read this, right?) Anyway, my favorite couple got kicked off. And perhaps the truly embarrassing part about this is that I found out from brother e who got kicked off then watched the elimination online. I teared up and ALREADY knew what was going to happen.

4. "Sex and the City." I hate this show. And I watch it every night. Sick, I know but why I hate the show and yet still watch it is a post for another time. Point is, Miranda's mom died. And yes, I have seen this episode countless times and never once had this reaction. But right before it I had talked to my mom and she was all like have I told you how proud of you I am. And I was all like oh mom that's sweet (thinking the entire time, WHY is she telling me this now, I really need to study so I can watch "I Survived a Japanese Gameshow" later. Yes, insensitive but I really like that show.) Anyway, my insensitivity got the best of me and I cried when Miranda's mom died because my mom is proud of me. (Please can this bar be over so I can return to suppressing my feelings again.)

5. "Roseanne." Dan. Heart Attack. At Darlene's Wedding. If you don't tear up a little at this episode, your heart is made of stone. And Jaime cried too, so I feel validated.

So maybe my bar stress is manifesting itself in strange ways, but at least I am not Alicia who is spending hours worrying about what happened to the woman who used to have her phone number, finally deciding that her best course of action was to attempt to file a missing person's report with Comcast. (Comcast: Have I resolved your issue? Alicia: No, I still have a missing person.) And yes, I am going to owe Alicia one REALLY big apology if this woman turns up dead.

1 comment:

JDL said...

I'm not entirely sure you should feel validated because I cried, too. Some of the things I have cried about in the absence of bar stress):

Forrest Gump. Every. Single. Time.

Star Trek Movie. Like four minutes in, I didn't even know the characters' names yet.

Country Time Lemonade Commercials. And that old phone commercial where all the kids come home for Mother's Day.

Say Yes to the Dress (this happened during bar study, but I'm pretty sure I would have cried anyway)

Good thing only like four people read this, right?