Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Out of My Tuesday Twilight Thinkin'

I realize that it is probably not twilight, but it is Tuesday and cut my some slack I am in the middle of a 48 hour take-home exam. Also, I am not sure I know when twilight is. If you, dear reader, know when twilight is please do not tell me. I would like for twilight to remain a mysterious, mythical thing much like a unicorn or Mischa Barton . . .
Do you know Dennis Hopper has eight movies in production in the next two years? Well, now you do . . . I think the phrase "shower curtain" could become the poor man's "cellar door". . . I miss the Denver Nuggets old uniforms. . . I sometimes get mad when I am watching a sporting event and I realize that the athlete is younger than me. My anger is only going to increase as my age does. That fact worries me and my blood pressure. . . I am worried that because I am not watching "American Idol" this season that I have breached my contract with pop culture. It has provided for me, raised me, and given me the best times of my life and all it asked in return is that I buy an US Weekly now and again and watch "American Idol" once every few weeks. Will pop culture understand and allow me to pay it back this summer by watching this year's edition of "Rock Star: Supernova," "Big Brother," and some MTV reality series? . . .
I was embarrassingly old when I started to watch "Lambchop". . . Just like riding a bike, you say. I can only assume that phrase means something I will never learn how to do even though everyone else knows how to. . . As of late, Bill Walton's commentary is starting to sound a little, uh . . . homosexual (not that there is anything wrong with that). A few weeks ago, he said Dwayne Wade had the body of a Greek god and last week he salivated over the fine specimen that is some big white guy I can't remember. . .On a related note, I sometimes wish ESPN.com allowed me to search NBA players based on physical characteristics. I know he was a dopey white guy with a crew cut, I just can't remember what team he plays for . . .
Mark Ortega was the champion of season three of "American Gladiators." I sometimes wonder if me, twin brother Dave, and Mark Ortega's family are the only people who remember that. I'm actually sort of worried his family might not even remember. . . I would do anything to play Dazzler, the disco superhero who first appeared in the 1980s, in a movie. If George Clooney was directing it, I would sell my first born, both kidneys, and allow my memory to be erased for science to get that role. . . Would the Loch Ness monster get invited to a dragon convention with Puff, Beowolf's dragon, and well actually those are the only two dragons I can think of. Puff and Beowolf's dragon don't really have a choice of whether to invite the Loch Ness monster. If they don't expand convention membership it is gonna be just the two of them in a Vegas hotel room trying to figure out what to do with the dead stripper. . .
I really like foods with crusts. . . Do I think that Trajan Langdon looks like a cute Husky dog only because he is from Alaska? I'm worried that this could be offensive. On another, Langdon related note, for all you fans out there. he is currently playing in basketball in Russia. I miss him. I wonder if he misses me. . . If I were a punctuation mark I would most definitely like to be a dash, but I fear I would be a comma or worse yet, the right parentheses. . . .

1 comment:

EJ said...

The dragon thing is really funny, but I've been thinking all night about the Dazzler movie. I think it should be a 'Behind the Music' kind of thing -- a documentary about her life and superhero career. Archival footage, a sitdown with Dazzler, interviews with archenemies. How is George Clooney going to turn down a disco-themed superhero documentary? I dare say he isn't.